hey folks...
Been busy dreaming of a woman in white....so haven't posted...
Writing this while watching Ben testify in front of Congress on the economy. I haven't really paid attention...coz TBS is showing Without a Paddle which is one funny movie....apparently filmed in New Zealand....nice!!!
EIther way markets seem not to like today's testimony......I m seeing a sell off on Wall St. So I d close all the dollar bearish trades coz I see the yen gaining against the dollar....the funny thing when the Yen gains strength is that the Dollar gains against the Euro and the Pound...funny as in why does than happen.....the reality is...i don't really care....but the important thing in terms of making money is...when the Yen gains against the dollar.......the dollar gains against the Pound and Euro.....I think its something to do with the highly speculative traders (like me self!!!) love to borrow yen and buy Pounds...so when the stocks go down its risk aversion....then you need to buy back those yen positions.....that s the mechanics of the situ...
Man the Aussie and Kiwi Dollars are looking good aren't they? THe aussie dollar is around the 94 mark and the NZ too at low 80s....I know the RBNZ doesn't like the higher levels wonder what their thinking is...
Lets wait and see.....
I see the US congress seems to be pre-occupied with alternative energy uses...i always wondered why this is...i mean sure the US doesn't control oil prices....the market does...but still i mean its not like the US "depends" on the Middle East for its oil.....most of US Oil imports comes from Canada and Mexico extracted by US companies....hardly a hostile situation!!!!!......well i always said oil prices at 100.....I can finally go into one of these drying up hummer dealers write a Check for 30% of the sticker price and tell them " I ll return tomorrow for my check back or my Hummer!!!!".......if oil remains at these levels...trust me...they keep my check!!!!!...as for filling up the tank.....no I m not worried......I drive about 2KM a year
Thats it for now!!!
Thursday, February 28, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment